I am now much happier with this quilt backing than I was last week. The changes that I made are not huge but I think they make a difference. I cut some fabric from the left side and sewed that to the top. Last time I had a partial improv border at the bottom that is now less high and I also added it to the left side. I am going to look at it for a couple more days but I’m fairly certain that this is what I’ll end up using for the quilt. Next up: basting, auditioning of threads and picking a quilting design!
Yes, I like this. It seems balanced. The colors are good, too.
After a couple more days I am fairly certain that this will be the final composition. If I have time I’ll baste the quilt this weekend! (although I got a message that the Cherrywood fabric I ordered is waiting for me at the post office so continueing with that project is kind of tempting as well…)
Looking good, I like the evolution of the piece!