The 100 day project started on February 13 and I am participating! The idea is that you choose something creative to do every day for 100 days. I decided to do 100 days of block and quilt design. So, every day I now spend a bit of time drawing designs on paper, or turning those ideas into FPP blocks that may eventually result in a complete quilt. Some days it’ll just be a couple of minutes but on other days I may spend a couple of hours.
We’ve had a little over a week of daily creating now and I think it’s great. The past couple of months I spend a lot of time building my new website (do you like it???) and not so much time on designing quilts. While I am very happy that I have now been able to move my blog to a self-hosted website, I did miss working on quilt designs. It’s been a very good first week in terms of what I accomplished. I’ve already created several FPP patterns and even sewn two blocks to see if they would turn out as I expected.
Earlier this week I sewed a swing for a larger playground block I am making. The ropes are quite narrow and I was happy that piecing those worked out. The block still needs trimming and will finish at 4 ¾’’.
Saturday, I did something completely out of my comfort zone and created a cat in a basket. I am quite amazed at how well it turned out. My hand drawing skills are quite laughable to be honest, but I am apparently much better at drawing things in Illustrator because this actually looks like a cat!
I am excited to continue designing during this 100 day project and curious what else I’ll be able to create in the coming months!